Friday, June 27, 2008

Thing #8... RSS Feeds & Readers


21st century, here I come at last! I felt so relieved that I belong to the norm and didn't know what RSS meant. As usual when you don't know the meaning of a word, you assume that everyone else knows it; well, I am so thrilled about THIS thing! I have been using the Google Reader and am amazed at the technology available today to simplify our life and make every minute count. I thought the TeacherTube video was very helpful with its layman terms --first reading the Wikipedia definition got me a little worried. I particularly am eager to find out my trends and use the data to unsubscribe to feeds that do not update often or that I don't read. Even with the Internet, I seem to be a pack-rat! Among the news site that I subscribed to was of course NPR and I read about the fact that Mars is trying to map out the genome for the cocoa bean --hmmm, endless supply of chocolate, here I come! (see right). It is pretty cool how it gives you a summary of the NPR report...
Also, while I was adding the Vanity Fair RSS to my reader, I accidentally came across their BLOGOPTICON: an indispensable guide to the blogosphere
and it gave me some additional blogs to feed to (sorry, I have to have a little bit of celebrity gossip!)

2 comments:

Cheryl Laucher said...

You are fun. Thank HEAVEN you are FEEDING us the latest SYNDICATION on the status of CHOCOLATE. I will be checking your blog for regular updates, RSS maven! Keep playing!

Mamalibearian said...

What did we do before Google Reader? Oh my gosh! I love it!